Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Merry Christmas!

On December 23rd, we made deliveries to our neighbors and some friends. We love to take Christmas treats! 

We had a nice, small Christmas this year. No company, just the ten of us. It was Sarah’s first time celebrating at home due to her being inpatient last year.

I made a nice breakfast on Christmas Eve morning and we read The Great Walled Country from The Tall Book of Christmas. Afterwards, the kids handed out their secret Santa gifts. It was a nice way to start the day. 

We had a nice Christmas Eve dinner of peasant soup, French bread, and Russian pound cake. We started a new tradition of Christmas karaoke. 

Since Calvin learned about Santa this year, he had the opportunity to help me fill the stockings and put the presents underneath the Christmas tree. He was thrilled to participate. 

Christmas morning came and Tyler has the idea that the kids couldn’t come get their stockings unless the bedrooms were nice and tidy. Talk about motivation!! I think we will do that again next year! Ha ha. 

I made a nice breakfast biscuits and gravy, grandpa Bob’s hashbrowns, and scrambled eggs. Each of the kids got a large mug filled with hot chocolate to drink.

After breakfast, we went to the living room and open presents. Everyone had a wonderful time. All of my planning and hard work paid off, I think.


























































Tyler bought me a new chandelier for the dining room. He also painted the kitchen red! I love it. 




No comments: