Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Emotional moment

I woke up this morning to 47 degrees outside = COLD! I exercised (walked outside) despite the weather, just bundled up a bit. Very refreshing! I walked a little longer than I thought (forgot my watch) & consequently was a little late for my first class. (whoops)

All was well today until my Opera class. On wednesdays we do acting for singers and mainly improv now. I was "cast" to do an improv for a situation that involved a married couple finding out from their doctor that they had miscarried their baby. At first I thought that my getting emotional would be a good thing, you know, make it seem more real. Before we even started, I knew I wouldn't be able to do it and told the instructor that I couldn't act out the part. I was in tears as I left the room. I'd had no idea that the very idea of trying to act out this scene would stir up past emotions about the miscarriage that we had earlier this year. There is a girl in some of my classes that I'd been wanting to get to know better and had actually prayed that I would get to know her somehow. Well, after I left the room she followed me out & we had a great heart to heart conversation. Later, I found it quite interesting that Heavenly Father would answer my prayer in this way--which left me feeling a bit embarrassed about crying in front of my fellow classmates. However, I got to know Christine better and the instructor told the class (after I left) that she wouldn't have been able to play that part either--because she too is a mom. That made me feel better. :o)

Tonight Sarah came over and we watched the last half of LAGAAN. It's a great movie and I'm pleased to see that she is enjoying bollywood. (FINALLY!!! I have a friend here in OH who likes it!!!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

47° huh? It is a nice 60° in the morning and gets up to around 80-85 degrees here. Got the windows open and the AC off, and I'm watching sports center. Gotta love it.

Maria said...

((((((HUGS))))))

Melisa said...

Oh, Jill. I'm so sorry. It is such a raw feeling for so long. It feels like it is always right below the surface and mine was nearly 7 years ago!

love you

Unknown said...

Is there nobody immune to this? We had our in between Maleck and Eralee. We feel for you.