Tuesday, November 20, 2007

6 things

I guess I should follow Melisa & Philip's example by listing 6 things that you may or may not know about me. Here goes.

#1. I am afraid of being in water - dark water that I cannot see through. This stems from my watching JAWS at a very impressionable age. I have zero desire to overcome this fear. I have just accepted it about myself.

#2. I wear size 11 shoes. I like having big feet. Someone once told me that the bigger the feet you have - the more balance you have. I don't fall down a lot, so perhaps it's true.

#3. I have a total of 8 sisters and 6 brothers, not counting in-laws, however they are not from the same mother & father...

#4. When I was 14 I went to a Sunday School lesson that talked about trials. The teacher said that we don't ask for trials - we ask for life to be easier for us. I went home that night and prayed for a trial. The next morning (literally) I woke up with bells palsy. That experience strengthened my belief that there is a God.

#5. I have a goal of learning to speak 5 languages. So far I can speak English, a good deal of Spanish, some Chinese, and am currently learning Italian. Next year I'm planning to take German and then French. Someday I'd like to learn Norweigan, but I don't foresee how or when. I feel that I've been blessed with an ability to learn languages and I greatly enjoy them, which helps. :o)

#6. I can harmonize with music. I seem to be able to harmonize with a melody without reading a part for it. I think this is one - if not my only - skill that is more by ear than by sight. Typically I am a visual learner except in this case.

I now tag anyone who hasn't done this to write 6 things in their blog about themselves. If you don't have a blog, you're not getting out of this. (Nice try) Email me your 6 things at jilldpierce at yahoo dot com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what about portuguese?