Monday, March 17, 2008

Singing all the day long

Choir practice went really well today - they sound wonderful on The Lord's Prayer. I'm excited to hear them perform it next week on Easter Sunday. :o) My friend, Maria, was confirmed today in Sacrament meeting. It's becoming more common for me to cry during ordinances, I've noticed, like when a baby is blessed or a baptism, etc. I am so happy for Maria - and she told me today that she's very happy. I sang Via Dolorosa in Sacrament meeting. I'm becoming more confident in singing songs from memory. I hope that will be the same during my NATS competition in April. :o)

After lunch, we took a nice nap and then I went to stake choir practice. I'm singing a 2 measure solo in He Shall Wipe Away All Tears - a lovely, lovely song, which I've known/sung for a long time. I shouldn't be nervous, but I'm a little intimidated by the choir conductor - he's extremely talented. The more we sang through it, though, I felt more at ease.

Coulter, Tyler, & I played a game of Settlers - which I won. (that's 2 days in a row, I'm on a roll, baby) We should be going to bed - but Maggie's playfulness is very entertaining, plus chatting it up with Coulter....

3 comments:

Melisa said...

2 in a row! Very impressive. And you were up against fierce competitors.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to sing the "Lord's Prayer" on Sunday. It's absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for all your hard work with choir. My hubby is doing Stake Choir this time around. read: I'm totally jealous! But I can't wait to hear you sing--it should be captivating, as usual!

nicole said...

You sang beautifully on Sunday... as usual. :) I am frustrated that I have such a hard time getting to choir because I LOVE it. I always plan on going, but something inevitably comes up... somebody spills something, loses their socks, needs to be fed at the last minute, etc. etc. I'm going to try to make it this Sunday. I'll try harder to plan ahead better so I can be there more consistently. You're a wonderfully inspiring choir director. I hope you're having a nice time with your brother. :)