Saturday, February 21, 2009

Breakfast Time

Every Saturday (well, at least for the past TWO weeks) I have been devoting time to teaching Anna to cook breakfast. In fact, I let her choose whatever she wants and I'll teach/help her to make it. Last week was strawberry crepes (ambitious girl!) and this week she wanted Mickey Mouse Pancakes. It was a family affair, as both Keith & Kristina were right there "helping" Tyler unload the dishes and set the table while Anna made the pancakes - complete with chocolate chips for the faces.


Anna's creation. She decided that it was really Minnie Mouse Pancakes, since she put whip cream hairbows on it. Yummy!


Here are my 3 little helpers!


I want to thank you for all of your motivational and kind words. I am feeling MUCH better now. I think I was having a hard time because I was going to bed late and getting up early. Now I am making myself get to bed earlier and I feel great! It's amazing what a little extra sleep can do! :o)

6 comments:

smctiver said...

Hi Jill!

I'm so glad that you're seeling better! I'll bet Anna is tickled to have some special time with her Mom on Saturday mornings. It looks like you all had fun!

Tami said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. :) The pancakes look yummy! :)

Ticklemedana said...

I LOVE that you are teaching Anna to cook...I bet she feels extra special that she's old enough for the privilege...you are so awesome...

Sarah C said...

Those pancakes look yummy. Anna is lucky to have a great mom to teach her how to cook.

Courtney said...

Sleep definitely helps!! I used to nap at the same time as the boys when they were first home--the transition was exhausting for all of us!

Valerie said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better Jill! It really is amazing what a little extra sleep can do for you! You "Saturday morning helpers" are just adorable! What a great way to get some good one-on-one time with Anna! I bet she loves it!