Sunday, June 13, 2010

Side effects...

So we spent 4 wonderful hours at the beach yesterday! I spent 3 of those 4 hours under our big beach umbrella. And yet, that one hour totally got to me!


It may not be as apparent to you by this picture, but I am so sunburned! My face, neck (?), shoulders, arms, back, and chest are flaming red. One hour on the beach and I'm an invalid for the next 24 hours! Sheesh! I've living on liquids - I suspect that I also have heat exhaustion, too (I KNOW!) - and rubbing on solarcaine once every couple of hours. Despite all of this pain, I do still maintain that I love the beach! I think that the sun just loves me a little too much. ;)

4 comments:

Diana said...

OUCH!!! Instead of solarcaine (or along with it) try rubbing the burned areas with a generous helping of good old plain white vinegar. It doesn't smell real great, but it will stop the burn faster than anything.

Carina said...

Awwww...I'm so sorry, Jill! That looks so painful! I remember Cody's first real trip to the beach...poor guy was miserable for about three days. I never got horrible sunburns growing up because I usually tan pretty well, but since I got a desk job and I live in Utah, I'm whitey white white. I'll definitely slather up if and when I ever get out in the sun this summer...

Shea said...

You can buy some lotion called after sun lotion at the dollar tree. It is amazing and kept me from peeling.

Sarah C said...

That looks painful. I hope you are ok. The sun is wonderful, but it does have it's downside.