Sunday, November 21, 2010

Relief Society

I love Sundays. I enjoy going to church and feeling the Holy Ghost, listening to talks, singing songs, and spending time with others learning the gospel. I feel so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.

I didn't teach primary today, so I was able to go to Relief Society (where all the women meet in the 3rd hour of church). It was lovely to sit with my friend and listen to a lesson on recognizing the Holy Ghost in our lives. We, as mormons, believe that we all can feel the influence of the Holy Ghost in us and that after we are baptized, we are confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost:

The gift of the Holy Ghost is different from the influence of the Holy Ghost. Before baptism, a person can feel the influence of the Holy Ghost from time to time and through that influence can receive a testimony of the truth. After receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, a person has the right to the constant companionship of that member of the Godhead if he or she keeps the commandments.

For more information on this, click here.

What a blessing! We can have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost in our lives. Can you imagine having the Holy Spirit guiding you in everything you do? Wouldn't life be sweeter and more meaningful? I think it would be and can be if we will follow the commandments. I know that the greatest gift from God, other than His son, Jesus Christ, is the gift of the Holy Ghost.

No comments: