Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jingle all the way

My sister, Heather, and her adorable daughter, Iliana, flew in this week to spend some time with us over the holidays. Yury, Heather's hubby, is over in Europe visiting his family. It just feels more like Christmas having family here with me.

Iliana has been playing so well with my 3 kids. It's wonderful for cousins to know each other, don't you think? It's so nice just chatting it up with my sister, Heather. I've missed her.

I keep racking my brain for the perfect Christmas morning breakfast. Suggestions?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

We had a breakfast casserole every Christmas morning. It was the only time my mom ever made it. She also would make a braided bread thing, that her mom use to make when she was a kid. We always complained about the braided bread, so one year Mom didn't make it since no one liked it. Then we all complained that it was tradition and we HAD to have it. Now that I have my own family, we have cinnamon rolls, made from my mom's whole wheat bread recipe so I can pretend they are good for us!

Laural Out Loud said...

We have a traditional Christmas breakfast every year! Strata, scrambled eggs with ham/cheese, hashbrowns, fruit salad, and the best part, a chocolate truffle for each person. Orange juice for dinking.

Anonymous said...

How about yogurt with fresh fruit, egg white omelets with peppers, onions, and tomatoes, turkey sausage, and whole wheat rolls? That would be delicious, beautiful, and healthy!
Hugs,
JEB

Sarah C said...

I am glad you and Heather are having a great time. Merry Christmas.