Saturday, December 11, 2010

Pearl Harbor Day

I haven't really known much about Pearl Harbor other than what I learned about it in school. I had the opportunity to sing at the Pearl Harbor Ceremony here on base. After I sang (at the beginning), I was able to sit back and learn more about what happened at Pearl Harbor in 1941. We listened to the speech by President Roosevelt the day after the attack on Pearl Harbor. It reminded me a lot of when the twin towers were attacked. I was overcome with emotion as we applauded the men and widows of men (who were at the ceremony) who were present at Pearl Harbor when the Japanese attacked. I am proud to be married to an active duty Airman. I am proud to be an American.

1 comment:

Sarah C said...

I wish I could have been there to hear you sing. It sounds like it was a wonderful day.