Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cookin' up a storm

For the past 4 months, I've been on a new recipe-making kick. I've torn recipes out of various magazines and printed them off of websites. I've also gone through cookbooks that I've owned for years and written up a list of recipes to try. Then, each week I choose 7 dinner recipes, a breakfast recipe, and one dessert recipe. Then I make up a grocery list and go shopping. Some of the recipes have been fabulous. A few we won't be trying again. I feel so good in growing my Warrior cooking menu for my family. I can't say how productive I feel in doing this. I hope I will keep doing it in the months (years) to come.

In addition to cooking, I've been working on my Pierce Family Adoption Silent Auction. So far, I have about 15 items/services that have been donated. If you're interested in donating, please let me know and I will be happy to put it in the auction and promote business for you by putting in a link, if desired. We hope to raise some seriously needed funds to return to Russia to bring home Calvin and Silas.

Summer is in full swing and despite what I thought before school let out - I am enjoying it with the kids home. At the end of the day, however, I'm in serious need of some alone time. Thankfully, we have a really nice bedtime routine of putting on jammies/brushing teeth/reading scriptures/saying family prayer/singing time with Mama. It works really well for us and we hardly ever have any problems in putting the kids down with this schedule. Of course, I'm sure we'll have to alter it when the kids get older. I can't believe how big my 3 kiddos are now! Anna is halfway to college. When did that happen?

3 comments:

The McEacherns said...

Thanks for posting recipes! I'm always in need of new ones. I made the Amish breakfast casserole (also halved) with a few mods based on what I had on hand: sausage instead of bacon, cubed instead of shredded hashbrowns, a mix of cheeses. It turned out yummy though I'd like it better with bacon, I think. A keeper though. Thanks again!

Mamapierce said...

SO glad you liked that casserole - we loved it, too! I enjoy cooking and new recipes makes dinnertime more fun and exciting! :D

Sarah C said...

I love your cooking blog. You have great recipes.