Friday, November 09, 2012

Rescheduling the surgery

Yesterday was the day. I was packed. Freezer meals were made. Laundry was mostly done. I picked up Calvin from school, had his leapster and new game all ready for the drive to Cincinnati. As I turned onto the street next to the school, I got a phone call. The nurse said that there was an emergency heart surgery for a little girl that was going to happen in place of Calvin's surgery. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was in shock. I had to drive around for a few minutes until I could wrap my mind around it. Then I parked the van and began texting everyone involved in this plan that I had meticulously made in the past few weeks. Dinners that were being brought in were cancelled. The housing in Cincinnati was cancelled. Mamaw Dahle was no longer going to drive out to watch the kids. I came home and told Tyler the news. I didn't know what the think or do - I had zero plans for the next two weeks other than surgery/recovery for Calvin. Calvin took the news in stride - he was more excited about the new leapster game than anything. I, however, sat on the couch trying to figure out what to do with myself. I'm still in a stupor of trying to get back to life as I know it.



The nurse had said the next available surgery date was November 22nd - Thanksgiving Day. There was nothing sooner. I said that I would prefer to not miss Thanksgiving Day and asked for a later date. After talking with Tyler, we are thinking to wait until January, as the end of November and December are really busy times for his work. So, we will probably go with the surgery in January.



The good news is that I will definitely be home for Thanksgiving. My best friend, Sarah, is coming down from MI to spend it with me. I know we'll have a lot of fun eating and playing games.


I have reserved a table outside the BX for Black Friday. I will give out Choffy samples and sell bags of Choffy to eager Christmas shoppers. The only downside is that the doors open at 4am! I will definitely need to get to bed early Thursday night! I am super excited about it and look forward to sharing Choffy with more people. In other Choffy news, I made some Ivory Coast Choffy with a little mint extract this morning and it is a cup of heaven, let me tell you! So delicious. If you would like a free sample, leave a comment or email me at jilldpierce at gmail dot com or you can order on my website: www.drinkchoffy.com/jillpierce


No comments: