Saturday, May 14, 2016

Sprained knee

We have had an incredible amount of rain the past two weeks. Calvin's baseball games and Silas' tball games have been cancelled...and it's been nice to be able to be home with my kids without running to and fro all the time. 

The day before Mother's Day, I was walking downstairs and my left foot slipped and I fell on my bum as I slid down about 4 stairs. My right foot was bent behind me and I turned sideways on the stairs. Although it was scary to fall, I felt as though I had heavenly help there with me. I felt and knew that it could have been much worse - I only fell down a few stairs instead of the whole set of stairs. 

My poor kids were terrified! Iryna and Silas were right there in an instant and kept asking if I was okay. I feel very blessed to have children who care so much about me. After a visit to the doctor, I have a sprained knee. He gave me some stretches to do and said to take some motrin. I have also been icing my knee and elevating it when I can. 

I received a priesthood blessing which stated that I was being watched over, which I felt in the moment. I am so thankful for my testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am blessed to have His gospel in my life. 

Tonight, Calvin threw something in the trashcan and it went in.
Calvin: Mama! I made a strike!!
Me: That isn't called a strike. That is called a basket or a point.
Calvin: Oh. But I thought in bowling it is a strike if it goes down. 
Me:...

No comments: