Friday, February 09, 2018

My Shadow

When I brought home Michael, Sarah, and John 8 months ago - yes, EIGHT months ago! - I fully expected that I would attach the strongest with Sarah and that Tyler would attach more with Michael and John. I never expected to have the strong relationship that I now have with Michael. We are very similar in our personalities and get along very well. Additionally, Michael is fiercely loyal to me and very protective of me. He knows how emotional and I and is sad when I am sad and happy when I am happy. His biological mom was physically very abusive to him and his face is covered in scars from her beating him. I am amazed at his ability to show and receive love, when he had such a hard time in his early years, followed by years of bouncing around from place-to-place. He is truly a walking miracle. I am so thankful to have him as my son. 



He wrote this and taped it inside the van where I can see it everyday. It says, "Обичам те" which means I love you. 

This kid makes me laugh everyday!


We both LOVE looking at water. We had driven to the closest lakes here in the DC area. I feel so relaxed when I look at water.

I am down 64 pounds in this photo!






Making shopska salad upstairs in my room, because...why not? He is trying to get me to like tomatoes. ::shudder::



Playing with the filters on my new phone.



No comments: