Sunday, October 15, 2006

Volleyball Anyone?

This morning I went to our stake women's volleyball tournament. We victoriously lost both of our games, including one game where we played with 6 and they only have 5 people...they still won. Pretty sad, isn't it? Alas, I had a wonderful time. I enjoy sports.

Tyler, Anna, & I went to "Pumpkinfest" here in town. Anna wore her princess costume and rode some rides. We had a good time because she had a good time. :) There is something about watching your child enjoy themself that is priceless.

I spent the afternoon cooking/baking. My friend, Sarah & her family came over for dinner. It was quite lovely and they enjoyed what I made, which is always nice. I also attempted a new recipe for dessert: Apple Dumplings. They have no sugar in them, only honey as a sweetener. Quite tasty! Anna especially enjoyed playing with Leia. They are so cute together. Tyler seems to get along with Gary quite well. Tyler is usually such a reserved person but they have a lot in common, which is nice. And of course, I think that Sarah is way fun. We all had a super time tonight.

There isn't really an update on Brett & Amanda's daugther, Ashton. The prognosis still isn't good. I hope they will have the strength to accept what will come. I can't imagine being in their situation...my heart aches for them.

I watched some of "Middlemarch," a movie that Sarah lent me. It is good so far, I haven't even finished the first vhs tape and there are 3! My sweet husband cleaned up all the dishes and let me watch it. He's so wonderful! All for today, I'm a happy girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the Sarah who came over Sarah B. whom we both know?

Anonymous said...

And the whole dinner things sounded great, any chance you and Tyler will move out here and cook for me?