Sunday, January 28, 2007

61

Today we awoke to more snow falling, but not enough to really stick around. Our poor snowmen are dying a SLOW death of slightly warmer temperatures...

Church was really good-choir practice was fairly well attended. We worked on "The Lord's Prayer," which is my personal favorite choral piece for Easter. It's a difficult piece and I can already tell that we are going to need to work on it quite a bit before it will be ready in April. I know, you're thinking to yourself--"But Jill, it's only january," yes I know that--but practice makes perfect!

After church, I slaved away in the kitchen. Tyler invited one of his co-workers + his family over for dinner. We had a really good time. I just wish that I had made some of the meal in advance! :) We had Tyler's favorite: Pork chops with mushroom, green pepper, & onion gravy, mashed potatoes, italian cheese bread, & green beans. For dessert I made a cherry pie sweetened with honey-no sugar! It was actually really good, I was quite pleased. Anna had a fun time playing with their 2 kids, while we chatted and played a partial game of UPWORDS, a game taken off of Scrabble.

The diet went well today. I had some nuts for breakfast, and then had a half sandwich of peanut butter and then some peas for lunch. Dinner was what I listed earlier--I'm sure it wasn't equal carbs to protein, but I was much more careful in the amount of my servings of the various foods.

Our house is freezing. Our temperature is set at 70 degrees, but it's only 61 degrees in our house. My hands are practically shivering as I type this email. BRRRR!
Our house was built in the 60s and the insulation shows it! I wish we had a fireplace...

No comments: