Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day 2007

So yesterday school was cancelled for Anna and the base was closed--so Tyler didn't go in to work. It was a funny thing--both Tyler & I had thought of things to do for each other, but they involved the fact that we would be "apart" for at least PART of the day...and then we were together all day. So that nixed all our fine plans--and we had to be flexible. We ended up heading to Deena & Jeff's house for an italian lunch + Settlers of Catan gaming. It was really fun & relaxing. Afterwards, Tyler took Anna & I to Chili's for some fine dining ending with Molten Chocolate Dessert...YUM! We came home and found the SEES candy that I had ordered waiting for us...a great day. Tyler HAD planned on taking me out to Chili's while Anna was in school and he tried to hire a quartet to serenade me at the restaurant! Isn't that romantic? Of course, it couldn't transpire b/c Anna didn't go to school and he was also thwarted in his efforts to hire the quartet-as their phone number (that had been widely publicized) had been disconnected. :( But wasn't it a sweet thought?? I think so. And I HAD ordered my sweet husband some flowers that would be delivered to him at work yesterday...but he didn't go in to work yesterday...I called the flower shop today and they're planning to deliver the flowers today...better late than not at all, right?

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Flexibility and a good thing. Sorry everything didn't work out as planned, but it sounds like you had a good time anyway.