Thursday, February 15, 2007

Let's say I break into your house

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials inages!! It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV:

Recently large demonstrations have taken placeacross the country protesting the fact that Congressis finally addressing the issue of illegalimmigration. Certain people are angry that the USmight protect its own borders, might make it harder tosneak into this country and, once here, to stayindefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand thethinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say thatwhen you discover me in your house, you insist that Ileave. But I say, "I've made all the beds and washedthe dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors;I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'mhardworking and honest (except for when I broke intoyour house).

According to the protesters, not only must you letme stay, you must add me to your family's insuranceplan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits tome and to my family (my husband will do your yard workbecause he too is hardworking and honest, except forthat breaking in part). If you try to call the policeor force me out, I will call my friends who willpicket your house carrying signs that proclaim myright to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicerhouse than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself.I'm hardworking and honest, um, except for well, youknow.

And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house,contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep,and there is nothing you can do about it without beingaccused of selfishness, prejudice and being ananti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learnmy language so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Onlyin America....if you agree, pass it on (in English).Share it if you see the value of it as a good simile.If not blow it off along with your future Social Security funds.

No comments: