Friday, April 27, 2007

It's One Way To Lose Weight...

Didn't go to the YMCA today. I'm still taking it easy...Poor Anna wants to go. I'm not sure if I'll go tomorrow or not...I'm so afraid that my desire to return to the gym will affect our chances of becoming preggo this month. I think I'll wait until monday.

So, I've figured out that only one of my teeth hurt. It's the 2nd from the back on the top row, right side. I wish I could fully explain how P A I N F U L this tooth is. I can't chew anything without it throbbing. I've taken 6 ibuprofen today and have experienced zero relief. I think I best seek out a better pain reliever, any suggestions? So Tyler brought home a brochure on the dental plan and I signed us up (Anna & I--Tyler is already enrolled b/c of being in the AF). So guess when the first possible date of going to the dentist is?? June. That's right people--I have to endure this incredible tooth pain for at least 5 weeks before getting in to see the dentist. I don't know how I'm going to make it...at least it might help me lose weight--it's so painful to chew food...

I tried to stay busy today so I wouldn't focus on my mouth aching-I did dishes (twice), did some more laundry, vaccumed, swept/mopped the kitchen & bathroom, and lounged around feeling sorry for my poor cavitied tooth. *sigh* We were supposed to have company for dinner tonight--but their son got sick...and I found out after making a big pot of DIRT (fancy chocolate pudding). Oh well...at least I can eat that without having to CHEW.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Well - this is what we do for Daniel when he is teething. I would think that it would apply to you just as well.
*Find a necklace or bracelet with amber stones (great warm color for your skin tone!;o) and wear it next to your skin. Amber has long been used as a healing stone. When worn directly next to the skin, amber warms and release oils. In addition, amber is electromagnetically charged and draws negative energy to itself. Teething necklaces of amber have long been used in Europe. By wearing the necklace directly next to the skin, the amber acts as a natural anaglesic (pain reliever) and lessens the need for medication to relieve teething pain. For best results, leave the necklace in sunshine to warm up prior to putting it on.
*get a jar of allspice beads - allspice is a natural anesthetic, boil them for 5-7 min and then string them into a necklace.
*Hylands brand (there is another good one, but I can't think of ot right now) teething tablets. These are homeopathic. I'm not sure what the dosage would need to be for an adult, but you could dissolve it right on the gums around the sore tooth. Hope this helps.