Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's almost here

Woke up & went to the Y. I burned 450 calories. Go me! Anna played in the mat room afterwards. We came home & had lunch. Anna went to school and suddenly I was moving s.l.o.w.l.y. Anyone know this feeling? You have great momentum and then it's just gone and you're not sure how or why it left. I somehow managed to do dishes, read scrippys, practice the piano and tidy my oftenneedstobetidiedroom, the C2 room. When family comes to visit you, the whole house must be tidied, not just the main rooms. I'm certain my grandparents will want the grand tour and that means I must get every room tidied. Fun stuff.

I didn't do as well on my eating today, I ate 1925 calories today. I'm trying to stay on an 1800 calorie day. I was focusing on having more protein in my diet since I'm insulin resistant, and in that focus I realized that I was really lacking the fruit/vegetable section. See for yourself:

Breaky: protein shake
Lunch: Whole wheat spaghetti with homemade tomato sauce & ground beef
Snack: lowfat granola bar
Dinner: breakfast burrito (tortilla, scrambled eggs, hash browns, grated cheese, & ketchup)

What's sad is that it's only 6:30pm and I shouldn't eat anything else for the rest of the day. *sigh* Tyler won't be home until 11:30pm. I don't know if I can go that long without something...oh well, I knew that this program wouldn't be easy, but I'm committed to it.

Anna isn't feeling well today so we nixed grocery shopping and are just staying in to watch some movies. She's such a cuddlebug, I love it!

My sister, Heather, found out today that she & Yury are expecting a baby girl! I'm so excited for her! I love love love having a baby girl. The names they are considering are: Genovieve, Iliana or Dahlia.

Well, it's almost here. Next wednesday is Anna's last day of pre-k. This means two things: 1) Anna will be in KINDERGARTEN in the fall. (unbelievable) & 2) That means Anna will be home all day long. I absolutely LOVE my baby girl, but I need some alone time to be a sane mother. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Don't clean for us when we get out there! Come on now! You know me better than that!

I probably shouldn't say this, but that doesn't look like a lot of food! It is amazing how the calories add up.

Those are some really cute names they have picked out! Can't go wrong with those.

I know the feeling about school. I like not worrying about remembering to take him or pick him up though... But I do look forward to BOTH BOYS being in school this fall. Yeah!

I'll keep you posted on our house. If we close earlier, we still might be able to make it out there. Cross your fingers!