Thursday, May 10, 2007

Protein

Last night I prayed to have the strength to up the protein in my diet. This morning I was prompted to have a protein shake for breakfast vs cereal. I was amazed at how full I felt after a shake. We went to the Y and I did 30 on E, 15 on T, and 20 on LW. I was bewildered by how much I was sweating. I normally only sweat a little but I was really sweating today. I wonder if that's linked to having protein? Not sure. For lunch we had some raw cucumbers & broccoli + half a ham, spinach, provolone cheese sandwich. YUM. Anna went to school and I went to deliver some tasty chocolate chip cheesecake to both Sarah & Shannon--thanking them for their sweet gesture last night. I'm so blessed.

As the day went on, it became much more difficult to eat protein. I must admit, I'm not a protein eater--I'm a carbs/sweets eater. I did the atkins diet once and I was so miserable that I cried for a week before quitting. It's just not easy for me to eat a lot of protein, but I'm trying. For dinner tonight I made salads consisting of: spinach, iceburg lettuce, hard boiled eggs (sliced), peas, cheese, & shredded chicken. I imagined how tasty it would be...but I didn't like it. I'm not much of a salad eater--I'd rather make a green juice in the juicer than eat a salad. Anyhow. I'm trying, that's what's most important, right? Keep trying. Keep going. Never give up.

1 comment:

Carina said...

You're right, Jill! Keep trying and never give up, that's how you'll make it. I'm so impressed with your resolve and your dedication to this program of healthier eating and exercise...I'm trying to do the same thing, and you help give me inspiration and motivation! You're awesome; keep it up and the Lord will bless you in your efforts! Love ya!