Sunday, June 03, 2007

VISITORS!!!!

Fertility update: my period came yesterday. I'm pretty bummed about it. I'm trying not to think about it, but I find myself crying over things that shouldn't be cried about...so, perhaps I should just have one long cry and then move on to the next cycle. I had hoped that I would have had beginner's luck with the injections. I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks of blood draws. I don't mind the injections or the vaginal ultrasounds. It's the blood draws that really get me. I don't like them. At all. It probably has everything to do with my "donating" plasma back in the college days. I didn't have a job and that was my only cash flow--I didn't know that my veins would pay for it...every time I have it drawn.

Yesterday was spent in preparation for my Grandparents arriving today. We were up until 1am getting ready. Well, actually, Tyler was working on a project for his MBA until 1 am and I didn't want to go to bed without him, so I cleaned furiously until 1am. The alarm going off this morning at 7:30am was notsofun. But somehow I've made it the whole day without a nap. (is that smart or dumb?)

Grandma & Grandpa arrived around 5:30pm. We had a lovely meal of chicken enchiladas, refried beans, spanish rice, & corn. We showed them around our house and our lovely backyard and garden. Then we had some angel food cake with cream & strawberries, because Anna couldn't wait any longer. Anna went to bed & had stories from Dad while I did some dishes. I had intended to "interview" my grandparents tomorrow morning after breakfast. I have a list of 73 questions about their life's experiences that I wanted to video them answering. Grandpa said he needed more time to think of the answers before the video could happen. That wasn't what I wanted to hear. I had planned to give them the questions beforehand, but I didn't get them all compiled until yesterday...such is the way it goes. I'm planning to go out to visit my sister after her baby girl is born and then I guess I'll do the interview while I'm out there. It's hard for me to get something out of my mind when I want it. I wanted the interview to happen tomorrow. I guess I don't always get what I want. (when have I ever??) ha ha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry!! Enjoy your time w/your gparents. Is maybe this one of those tender mercies of the Lord for them to be there now? Just enjoy!!! Love, Suz & Dad

Melisa said...

I'm sorry. My deepest condolences. That is rough. Please feel free to cry. And call me and cry if you want.

Will your visitors only be there for a short time? Why can't they do the video thing in the afternoon or the next morning?

The dinner sounded yummy. Mmmm