Saturday, June 30, 2007

YMCA outing

I slept in this morning, it was grand. We hurried up and waited until the YMCA free swim opened. I swam about 10 laps while Tyler & Anna practiced flips/diving/etc. Tyler is such a great dad & teacher.

I did some cleaning around the house and starved most of my way through the day. I'm in a funny zone with the diet---not much sounds good, so instead of cheating I just starve. I'm sure it's not the best way, but to cheat would be worse in my mind, so I don't. However, I made this fabulous crockpot recipe from Jenn:

4 frozen chicken breasts
1 can refried beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can corn
1 cup salsa

Cook on high in the crockpot for 4 hours. Stir to shred the chicken. Use in burritos, tacos, enchiliadas, etc. I made this and it was divine! I used lettuce wraps and put some cheddar cheese on top. It was SOOOOO tasty. Technically I'm not supposed to have corn, but I had just a little. The recipe makes so much that we have leftovers for tomorrow. My family was THRILLED that I cooked something that they could eat, too. Anna kept asking for more, so that's a good sign!

We went over to Valene & Trent's house for games. We played hand & foot and then we played something called Guitar hero. It's a video game of sorts but you're playing guitar & bass guitar parts. It was wild and I wasn't very good at it. Anna watched 3 disney movies. We all had a great time...now I'm very ready for bed. I have choir in the morning.

No comments: