Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Jazz music

It was a rainy, dreary morning as Tyler & I juggled our little girl between his going to work & my going to class. He meets me at the school where I pass Anna over to him and I rush to my class (I was late) and I arrive only to discover an empty room with a sign on the door stating that class had been canceled. Seriously, an email or a text message would have been appreciated! Oh well, no music theory for me today. I honestly do enjoy it.

Tyler found our Halloween decorations in the attic. I am amazed at how observant Anna has been--noticing all the Halloween decorations on various houses around town and her insisting that we needed to do likewise. I was happy to get out pumpkins and cute decorations, including a pumpkin that lights up in the window. These are the things that make me happy--pumpkins that light up. :o)

Italian class went well, although only half the class felt they should show up. So, the instructor took attendance (I even suggested it). Seriously, why would you sign up to take a class, paying TONS of money for it and not even go. Amazing. And yes, I realize that not just 10 years ago I did the same thing...how ironic.

One of my "classes" is to attend recitals throughout the quarter. Tonight was my second one: JAZZ ENSEMBLE. Since Tyler was in class, I took Anna. I wasn't sure how well a 5 year-old would handle an hour-long concert. She did surprisingly well and even danced around in her seat to the music. It was really good. I'm finding that I dig jazz music. Good stuff maynard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so fun that you took Anna to you concert. I guess depending on the kid 5 is a good age to add some more variety. I also get excited about glowing pumpkins. I had our decorations out 2 weeks ago and Bruce thought I was nutts. Oh well, it make me happy!!

Melisa said...

Attendance doesn't really count in college, does it? I don't think any of my classes ever took attendance...