Sunday, November 04, 2007

Final performance

I love fast sundays. Today I fasted about missionary work. I hope that I will be a good example of the gospel at school or wherever I am. Choir went well, we're singing Pilgrim's Hymn--such a lovely piece!

I had my final Opera Scenes performance this afternoon. I don't like having to do something school-related on Sundays. I refuse to meet for group projects or do homework or study at all on Sundays. I feel that the Lord blesses me for following his commandment to keep the Sabbath day holy. The performance went really well--I was even fasting and I still sang well!

Tonight I have stake choir. I'm tempted to stay home--because I haven't seen my family the past 2 weeks because of my opera class...

Update: I went to choir. Halfway through the choir practice, we sang "Beautiful Savior" which has a soprano solo in it. For some reason the soloist wasn't there today...the choir director asked for a volunteer to sing the solo...I was volunteered...I was completely thrown off guard...my heart was pounding so fast...yet after it was over, I was pleased with how I'd sung...and they clapped for me...which is always nice...but man, I'd rather know in advance that I would be doing something like that...

2 comments:

Melisa said...

You are a singing machine!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the last minute solo. We all know why someone volunteered you. It's kind of like that when people don't give you the hymn numbers ahead of time, but you're expected to show up and play them with no notice...

KC