Monday, November 05, 2007

Vocal rep class

After my voice lesson, Tyler picked me up & we went home for lunch. It was so nice, we played carcassonne and spent some time together. I wish we had more time to do that.

At my vocal rep class I sang this. My heart was pounding in my throat as I began singing, but all went well. I haven't experienced this heart pounding before--it's a bit unnerving. Many people complimented me on the song, including one of the voice teachers who said it was "beautiful". Another guy said that I "rocked it". lol.

Right now I really want some chocolate chip oatmeal cookies (see sidebar for recipe) but I can't bring myself to make them...I'm actually making some granola because my hubby is wanting some since we ran out...if you remember, I didn't state my weight last monday. The reason being--I gained. Not just a little, but more than I thought it was possible to gain in one week. And the only thing I did was eat some candy on Halloween...and some brownies...but I gained 12 pounds. In one week. No joke. I kept moving the scale around the bathroom floor & re-weighing myself, thinking that there was an error with the location of the scale...not so. So I weighed again today, and it was 6 pounds lighter than last week...which is good, of course, but I'm still 6 pounds away from where I was 2 weeks ago...I have a couple of reasons why I think I gained so much (other than the candy/brownies): stress & lack of sleep. Now that the opera rehearsals/performances are over, the lack of sleep should discontinue, however, I am certain of stress being present until my finals are over at the end of next week. Stay tuned...until then, does anyone have a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie that they don't want?

What Is Your Best Physical Characteristic

Your Curves
Your Curves
You have Great Curves and always look great.
How do you compare?
Take this test! | Tests from Testriffic

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Yeah, I gained 10 pounds last month when my depression hit. So, I feel ya, sista. I've already lost most of it, so I think it was something like water weight or something, but it freaked me out.