Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. This was our second Thanksgiving away from dear family in Oklahoma. Last year we spent this holiday just us 3. This year we opted to reach out & share this wonderful holiday with dear friends here in OH. We went to glittersmama's house for the day and jessica & her family came as well. I brined a turkey and let me tell you - it was the best turkey I've ever eaten. I will definitely be brining my turkeys from now on. It was worth the $16 to buy the Williams-Sonoma Turkey Brine Apple & Spices jar to brine the turkey. Be sure to try it next year - you won't be sorry. We had all the fixin's for the meal and finished it with 6, yes 6 pies, including: berry, pumpkin, apple, coconut cream, chocolate cream, & banana cream (my personal favorite). We played quelf, pit, & carcassonne (my latest favorite). We had a wonderful time. You can check out the pictures to the left that I have added under flickr.

I am grateful for friends on this Thanksgiving. I love my family so much, but I feel like our friends here in OH are family. I could wax philosophical and state my belief that we are all children of God, therefore my friends technically are my family. So, I guess my family is always around me.

I am grateful for my daughter. She brings me such joy. She is such a happy little girl and constantly learning new things. She makes me feel like I'm a great Mom, even when I feel that I am lacking. She is so dear to my heart, it's not possible for me to express those feelings in words.

I am grateful for my dear husband. He is the perfect man for me. He brings me back to reality (which I need on a semi-regular basis). He teaches me many things from what the scriptures mean to complex scientific explanations (complete with graphs & charts). He has a solid testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and he leads my family with the priesthood. What more could a wife want? Oh, and he loves me. Enough said.

I am grateful for my Savior. I have a strong testimony of his love for me. I feel that I am just now getting to know him. I am grateful for all of the blessings that he has given me (mentioned above). On this Thanksgiving day (and every other day) I have been so very blessed and pray that I will be able to give as I have been given. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: