Help outfit Michael, Sarah, and John

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lacking motivation

Do you ever have days where it's all you can do just to get up and walk around? For some reason, I was really dragging today. I didn't seem to have the motivation/energy to do much. I took Anna to school, exercised at the YMCA, started some laundry, showered, and then crashed on the couch until my pedicure with Angela - which was really fun! :o) So, my first question in this post is this: What do you do to motivate yourself when you're feeling unmotivated?

So, Tyler's 30th birthday is coming up. I mentioned a trip to D.C., but then we realized that I have 3 siblings getting married in 3 different places (and temples!) this summer...so we opted to do something less expensive. So, ladies, the second and final question of this blog: what fun things have you done (that you can mention here, of course) for your husband/boyfriend to celebrate their birthdays? A few years ago I arranged for Tyler to have a massage - which he loved. (He smelled like a bowl of fruit afterwards!) I thought about having him get a pedicure - since we saw a man in there getting one today...your thoughts? Fun ideas?

3 comments:

Melisa said...

I don't know what I'd do to motivate myself. Sometimes, I'll tell myself I'll let myself play a Spider Solitaire or watch a show if I get something productive done first.

Birthdays are always hard on me. I never know what to get. Thankfully, Brad has lots of car stuff he wants. Unfortunately, his car is still in OK...

Alabama Apples said...

I don't motivate myself some days...I drag around, then in the morning it is a new day! I have given Kit $ for the purpose to go and play golf and another time arranged for a babysitter so we could have a date. Kit would hate a pedicure, but a massage...hmmm.

Steph said...

Oooo, I love birthdays. I love that there are days that celebrate the existance of a person...to celebrate that they were born. For Phillip's 30th I did a scavenger hunt, I think that he liked it. Usually, we go out to dinner, that sort of thing.