Saturday, May 10, 2008

Garage sale, take two

This is the second weekend in a row to have a garale sale. Last weekend we made $700 in 2 days and this weekend we made $350! I'm very happy with the results, but I am feeling the pain from this day of being up on my feet, packing & unpacking, etc. My feet are swollen and I have a sunburn...but it's worth it to imagine bringing my twins home to our family. Tyler is now in Hawaii for a week-long work trip...yeah, yeah, he has it rough.

In the morning, my friend Sarah, took Anna to play with Leia for a few hours (Anna was THRILLED). After Sarah dropped Anna off - I was trying to find ways to keep Anna busy so I could keep up with all of the customers. She found some markers and paper and began coloring several pictures. Once she had about 4 or 5 of them, she taped them on the side of a table and began asking people if they would purchase them from her - at 25 cents a piece! (talk about a born salesman!) It was so precious - Anna trying to sell some of her art to help bring home siblings. It was very touching, but then - no one was buying them (early on) and so it made her very sad, which broke my heart. I offered a quarter of my own to a man at the garage sale (who also had a daughter with him - I figured that he'd understand) to go purchase one of Anna's drawings. You should have seen how Anna's eyes just lighted right up as she had found her first customer. I don't know why this causes me to cry, but I'm crying as I relate this experience to you all. I'm happy to say that Anna sold all 8 of her drawings today - and only one of them was prompted by me. People can be so kind to others. I am so proud of my daughter. She is such a selfless person and always wants to help other people. I am so blessed to be her mama. She is the one who made me celebrate mother's day.

In a more silly way, here are some mother's day cartoons that I found. Enjoy:



2 comments:

Kathey said...

It brought tears to my eyes too. I'm so glad Anna sold all of her creations.

Poor Tyler. Jim had to do that once too. Sigh.

Love, Kathey

Melisa said...

Congrats on another successful sale!

I hope Tyler is having fun. Lucky guy.

Happy Mother's Day!