Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wifey Day

Tyler was out of town for Mother's Day, so he deemed this past friday "Wifey Day." First of all we went to have some fingerprints done for the adoption, then stopped at the IKEA store on our way home. I'd never been to an IKEA store before - I was really enchanted with it and especially their restaurant which sells a super nice breakfast for only $1.99! The only thing I didn't like about it was that you couldn't exit the store easily - you have to go through the entire maze of a store to get out, which is a great marketing ploy in and of itself. However, I thought they had some nice products, like this. After IKEA we went to the store and Tyler bought me some red roses, which was sweet. :o) We went to Miesse's Herbs to see the iridologist & in the evening we went to the Temple which was wonderful! It was a great day to spend with my hubby! I love you, honey bunny!

Yesterday we had our garage sale (number 3) and it went quite well. We earned $612! Hooray! Then we had the missionaries over and my friend Maria & her daughter, Elizabeth. I taught them to make homemade pizza & homemade ice cream. It was really fun. Then we watched "The Restoration" which was really uplifting.

Today I had choir practice, then church and I played the piano in primary - which I'm convinced is the best calling EVER - and then said the closing prayer in R.S. - I hope I didn't worry the R.S. presidency by my not coming in until the last few minutes! We had some "quiet time" after church which consisted of Tyler & I taking a nap while Anna played in her room quietly. We were so tired from the garage sale yesterday - it's a LOT of work! I am gearing up for tomorrow when I'll be starting my new plan. That's why we had pizza and homemade ice cream yesterday! Plus I now have some herbs to help me with my food enzymes - I don't digest food very well and I am insulin resistant. I'm grateful for supplements that will help! :o) Upward and onward!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE Ikea. In Maryland it was only about 20 - 30 minutes away in good traffic. I'm sad it is so far away. Even though it is less than an hour, with the gas prices as they are it might as well be 8 hours away unless you're down there anyway. It may be better that way though, better on the budget :)

What a sweet idea of a 'wifey day'. I love it.

You're going to do great with your fresh new day tomorrow. Lea and I will be jogging around 6:30 in the morning. I'm going to try and do a mini triathalon (and not die) at the end of June and Lea is getting in shape for trek in June. Let me know how your great new day goes. You can do it. You are a powerful woman that has overcome many obstacles. You have 'woman power'!

Kathey said...

I'm SO glad the garage sale went well again.

Good luck with your new plan!

nicole said...

Looks like you guys had a great day! I've found the temple to be the best place ever to reconnect with my hubby. It's so wonderful there.

Lilola said...

I have never been in an IKEA store... looks like i'm gonna have to try it!