Help outfit Michael, Sarah, and John

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Quirks? Who Me?

The RULES
1. Link the person who tagged you...Liberty (thanks Lib!)
2. Post these rules.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them
Okay, you asked for them...

#1. I have to have a balanced ratio of milk to cereal. I cannot have equal amounts - there must always be more cereal to milk. ALWAYS! Sometimes I have to top off the cereal to make sure the balance is correct, it's a MONK thing.

#2. I enjoy folding laundry. For real. I think it's fun to have everything in its correct pile. However, I don't enjoy putting them away. Not so fun.

#3. The idea of a shower irks me. Don't misunderstand, I like being clean, but the idea of getting wet only to dry off again...it just seems WRONG. But I do shower, so don't worry.

#4. I'm a food snob. I won't waste my calories on cheap treats like ice cream bars or instant pudding. Homemade pudding is SO tasty - once you try it, you'll never go back. Just ask my husband. He's been converted.

#5. I clean faster with music playing. If I put in a slow cd, I'll find myself moving slowly...but put in some latin music and watch out! I'm one hot mama on the kitchen dance floor! Woo-hoo!

#6. I like to be happy. I strive to view life in a positive way and one way I think that I accomplish that is to change my tone of voice. I try to speak in an optimistic way - so that my voice reflects the happiness that I am striving to feel. Give it a go, see what happens! Or just call me and I can demonstrate! ;o)

I tag Cindy, Katie, Jana, Dana, Sarah, & Sarah. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

I love your quirks! You made me laugh about the shower...when you put it that way, it is wrong to get wet to just dry...hmmm...I LOVE to clean to music! If I turn on upbeat tunes I'm happier and get more done. I need to try the optimism thing. I read somewhere that even if you fake laugh, it will lighten your mood, lower your blood pressure and releases endorphines. I read it, now I just need to implement!

Rachel Teran said...

Are you still fluent in espanol? And doesn't Bienvenido mean "welcome?"

So.. Alex is teaching me mandarin.. and I know 1-10.... kind-of.

shannon said...

Cute and quirky--that's my Jill! Thanks for being that way--life's more interesting with you around!

nicole said...

What a fun way to learn more about you! I like your idea about changing your voice to fit the mood you'd like to be in... sounds like a great technique... I think I'll try it!

Steph said...

What fun to learn a little bit more about you! I have to say that I agree with you on the shower thing...it IS a waste of time. I know, I know....the cleanliness issue. Sigh. ;)