Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Summertime

I love the summertime. I enjoy the flexibility in the time schedule. Today I did the laundry, dishes, vacuumed the house and it looks great! I also made time to practice the piano and that was good - I need to make that more of a priority. Anna's adorable friend, Celeste, came over and they had a BALL! Those girls are so creative and were pretending all sorts of things all day long!

We got some adoption stuff accomplished today and that just feels great. The whole thing is feeling more real to us - as we get closer to being in Ukraine. I've been following this blog about a couple who's adopting their son, Dennis, in Ukraine right now. The pictures are so entertaining and I'm trying to imagine myself there seeing those same things! Dennis is in the same town as the twins...I'm not sure if they're in the same orphanage or not. The other day, Anna asked me this question: "Mama, what orphanage did I come from?" Too cute. We're eager to bring our kids home. They already feel like OUR kids.

3 comments:

Sarah C said...

I love the summertime too. Good job getting so much done today. That is awesome. I loved Anna's question about adoption. She is so cute.

Melisa said...

Has their experience been as fast as yours could be?

Carina said...

Anna is so adorable. I love it. I'm so excited for you to be able to go get your twins! Things seem to be going along so well for you. I hope it continues! =)