Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I had hoped to have a day full of St. Patrick's Day activities, but it didn't quite turn out that way. Instead, I managed to make a lime green cake with light green frosting for dessert. Oh, and I played The Irish Tenors all day - that counts, too, right? What did you do today to celebrate? I hope to be more prepared next year, since I'm celebrating this holiday now. ha ha.

Here is Anna's artwork:


Kristina's artwork:


Picture of us all eating the green cake:

3 comments:

Landlocked Shores said...

It looks like you guys had a fabulous time! It's good to see your grandparents again (even if it is only photos!)
Lucky "favorite granddaughter" getting a new (to you) van!

jennifer said...

Mmmmm! The cake looks yummy!

Lana Dahle said...

We (or I should say I) love to go all out for holidays. This year we did our traditional Green eggs and green shamrock shaped pancakes with sausage for b-fast with a side of Lucky charms (Caleb's patty's day present). Then for dinner we always do corned beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes and onion boil with rolls. For a bednight snack we enjoyed sugar cookies with green sprinkles on top. Our St. Pat day's activities included wearing green, visiting a children's garden with friends and looking for a hidden shamrock and learning about st.patrick from Dad.
It was a lucky day for sure!
It seems like your cake turned out super cute! I'll have to try that out next year!