Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Over the river and through the woods...

From Grandmother's house they came! My grandparents arrived this past friday and spent 3 glorious days with us before flying home this morning very early. On Saturday morning we went and took family pictures, then ate lunch at Chick-Fil-A (my favorite place lately), and then came home to relax. On Sunday they went to visit some friends from waaaaaaaay-back-when that they knew while in the Air Force - my grandpa is a retired Lieutenant Colonel. Monday my Grandma and I took off to the BX for some shopping and lunch in the food court - just like old times, Grandma! Then Tyler & Grandpa went to the AF Museum where Grandpa showed Tyler which planes he flew in during the 3 wars he served while in the AF. Then yesterday, Grandma started to teach me to play BRIDGE. She said it took her 2 weeks to learn it - playing every day. It was a lot of fun and then we played with Grandpa & Tyler after the kids went to bed. It was a wonderful time. I love my grandparents. They've been involved in my whole upbringing and love to know what we're doing and to see us when we're in town. They are wonderful, kind people - they drove all the way here to give us their van. I miss being near them. Since I know that my Grandpa reads this blog, I should probably stop writing such mushy stuff, eh, Grandpa? So, on with the pictures:

Planes my Grandpa flew.


My Grandpa flew this BIG plane in Vietnam. He said it's the plane that he flew the most.


Our pets loved having two people to snuggle and pet them constantly. I'm sure they were very sad to see my grandparents leave!

My Grandma and I. Isn't she beautiful? Oh, how I love this woman. She is such an example to me of what a woman should be. She never shirks her responsibilities and is very generous and thoughtful of others. Plus, I'm her favorite. :o) I love you, Grandma!

My Grandpa has served his country for many years. It is an honor for me that my husband could follow in his footsteps in serving in the Air Force. My Grandpa was able to swear Tyler into the AF - that was a wonderful experience. My grandparents drove all the way to Alabama for that - they are so supportive of us! Thank you, Grandpa, for serving our country and for marking the path for others to follow. You are a great American. I love you!

Ahem. This is what spending time with a family of 5 will do to my grandparents. Please note how Maggie and Jasper are taking full advantage of their nap. I have wonderful grandparents - come again, soon!

2 comments:

Carina said...

How fun that you're so close to your grandparents. I'm glad you had such a great weekend with them!

nicole said...

GREAT pictures! It sounds like they're wonderful people. :)