Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Satisfaction

There is something so satisfying about a clean house. For some reason I have been able to keep the downstairs quite tidy the past 2 days. And I LOVE it. Who knows how long it will last - but for now? I'm enjoying it.

I took the twins to the eye doctor today. They are going to have a minor eye surgery to correct their strabismus (fancy word for lazy eye) this summer. Keith was in his walker and it was quite difficult to corral both he & Kristina in a huge parking lot. Keith didn't want to go the way that I was going and Kristina was hyper, as usual. Somehow we made it to the van. Did I mention it was raining? Yeah, perhaps next time a stroller would be in order.

I am considering the idea of homeschool for my daughter, Anna, this next year. I am eager to learn which programs are the best out there. You may now leave comments (and links) that will help me learn which program would be best for us. Thanks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,

I can't tell you which homeschool programs out there are best, but my gut instinct is that there are great aspects about all/most of them. I'd say you should start by figuring out what things you're looking for. Ask Tuan and Maria about their decision. It's called "unschooling." I stumbled across a book called "Unschooling" at my local library. I really liked what I read, so I bought a copy for myself on amazon, and I also bought one for my sister-in-law, as they are considering homeschooling for their kids.

Bear in mind that unschooling is not for everybody, but I think it has legitmate arguments in its favor. But the book also encourages finding the best aspects of whatever you use and supplement those where necessary.

I think putting the twins in school/pre-k will have some positive results for them, especially as they adapt to their new country and customs, but this might also be a valid option for them when the time is right.

Have fun in your explorations!
KC

Ticklemedana said...

visit my friend Nikki's blog (Nikki and Danny) and leave a comment for her to shoot you an email...she homeschooled for a while and would have some good resources

Anonymous said...

http://www.aophomeschooling.com/products.php

http://www.aceministries.com/advantage/#hpbanner

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, a clean house is wonderful!! I love it too. I just wish it could last longer than a few hours. *sigh* Also, good luck with the home schooling. I don't have much useful advice, but I do know that Mary Gardner used to homeschool. You may want to give her a ring.

Unknown said...

That is exciting about a clean house! I'm just wondering what sparked your consideration for homeschool. Do you not like the school Anna is at now? The curriculum? The student population? Maybe topics for a future conversation.

Sarah C said...

Yay for a clean house. That always feels good. Good luck with the twins surgeries.

Maria said...

Yes! A clean house always makes me feel better mentally and physically! And e-mail me anytime if you have questions about unschooling. :o)