Monday, June 29, 2009

What's going on in my world

My friend, Nicole, gave me a recliner for free yesterday! I am loving it! It rocks and reclines - and is leather! It has quickly become the family favorite seat in the house - even Maggie and Jasper prefer it to the couch. Thanks Nicole - you are wonderful!

I have been tired lately - I think that my weight is catching up with me. I'm 30 years old and over 300 pounds - but I haven't really felt the effects of being obese before now. I also think that my sleep apnea is acting up - I need to have another evaluation. I am going to have a tonsillectomy in July which should help with the sleep apnea. Has anyone had a tonsillectomy? I have heard that it is extremely painful as an adult. I am hoping with pain meds that it won't be too bad? We'll see.

My best friend, Sarah, moved away this past week. I'm sad that she's gone. Texting just isn't the same when you're 4 hours apart. :o( We are going up to visit her in July, so that will be nice - but bittersweet, since after that visit I don't know when we'll see each other again after that.

My "wibow" (tennis elbow caused by playing the wii) has been acting up. I am wearing my arm brace to help with the pain. I've had this for a year and a half now - I even did months of physical therapy - no relief. *sigh*

My mom is coming to visit us tomorrow for a whole week! I am so excited! She will get to meet her newest grandchildren, Keith & Kristina. I am busily trying to get my house cleaned so I can relax while she is here. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Carina said...

That sounds like so much fun (the part about having your mom come visit, not all the other painful stuff)! I hope you have a great time and that she helps you forget some of the trials that have been plaguing you recently. =)