Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Painful

The first two days after the tonsillectomy I was mainly nauseated and drowsy. Now I think I've moved into the painful stage of recovery: swollen neck, difficulty swallowing, even the tylenol burns my mouth when I swallow it. Yogurt seems to be okay as does chicken noodle soup. Last night I woke up every hour which makes for a tiring day today. My friend, Michele, took Anna for the day which has helped so much - thanks Michele!!! Plus Anisa & Marie have brought us dinner the past 2 nights. I feel so blessed to have such dedicated and thoughtful friends to take care of me when I feel awful. Thanks everyone.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Hey - just reading this! Hope recovery starts going better very soon!

kari said...

Sweet Jill. Feel better PLEASE! I just wish I could bring you something soothing and comb your hair. Love you. ~Aunt Kari

Melisa said...

HUGS TO YOU!

nicole said...

How awful for you. :( I'm glad you have such wonderful friends! Wish I could be there to help too. xoxo

KarsonK2 said...

I can sympathize. I'm glad you found Chicken Noodle Soup. That is all I ate, (with Toasted Cheese Sandwiches) for about a week. I'm not sure how the Toasted Cheese didn't hurt, but it didn't. Good luck and hang in there.