Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fasting

Happy Fast Sunday! Each month there is a Sunday set aside (usually the first one) for fasting at our church. Today was Fast Sunday. Tyler & I decided that we would try something new and eat breakfast this morning and then fast for the rest of the day (we fast for 2 meals). It's been interesting to try it this way. We typically eat dinner on Saturday and then begin our fast - ending it with dinner on Sunday. Honestly, fasting is TOUGH for me & Tyler. We both get headaches and feel dehydrated from lack of fluids. And we haven't been very good at fasting in the past. But now our daughter, Anna, is 8 years old and she is fasting with us. Seeing her fast has given me strength to deal with the unpleasantries of fasting and to remember the blessings that come from following this commandment. I am grateful for a daughter who is willing to do what God has asked of her. :)

4 comments:

Diana said...

Yeah for Anna! What a great girl she is. I've got one of those myself, so I know how truely precious they are.

I have a REALLY hard time fasting myself as I'm diabetic. Most I can go is 1 meal. I do what I can and then try to go a little longer (maybe 10-20 minutes is about all I can do once my blood sugar starts to crash.

Karin said...

What a great blessing!!! Hugs!!! :)

nicole said...

That's wonderful. Fasting has always been difficult for me as well, but I KNOW that we are granted greater spiritual power when we make that sacrifice. Love you!

Sarah C said...

Fasting is a hard thing to do. You are a great example to your family. It is wonderful that Anna is fasting now too. Her testimony will grow and she will see the blessings that come from being obedient. She is blessed to have parents who teach her the gospel.