Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Melting Pot

Last night, Anna and I went on a little GNO of our own. I had a coupon for a free cheese or chocolate fondue, so we went to The Melting Pot. It was Anna's first time and she was super excited about it.


We got the cheddar cheese fondue and we both agreed that it was too strong for us. Anna tried a few bites of it and then just went on to eat the bread cubes, apples, and veggies raw. I ate what I could, but was overpowered by the flavor, myself, so I brought home the extras to Tyler.


To finish up, we had the s'mores chocolate fondue. It's heavenly, I tell you! I had it once before at the GNO/surprise adoption baby shower thrown by my good friend, Nichole. Anna was thrilled to try all the fruit, cakes, marshmallows, and rice krispie treats in the s'mores yumminess. Needless to say, that was the best part of our meal!


I enjoyed having some one-on-one time with Anna, but in addition to that, that time together led to Anna asking me some really good questions and looking for advice on some topics that I could tell have been bothering her. I shudder to think that she may not have asked me about these things had I not scheduled the evening to be with her. I am now commited to taking time out more regularly to speak with Anna and help her with anything she needs.

4 comments:

Carina said...

I'm glad you were able to get one-on-one time with Anna. She seems like such a sweet girl :)

McElwain Family said...

I love even at their young age taking each girl out on mommy/daughter dates once a month, and josh takes them each out once a month for daddy/daughter dates. Then we go on mommy/daddy/daughter dates were we both take just one out, every other month. It's the best time ever! It's so much fun to have them both all the time but that one on one time is just so spiritual! We usually just go to the park, sometimes we'll go to the mall and let them get an orange Julius or something. Melting pot would be fun but they are so expensive we end up just making fondue at home! I'm go glad you got to take her thought it's such a "grown up" experience to get to go to a fancy restaurant!

MoserUpdates said...

I have a date with my boy this weekend...can't wait!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that?! I know what you mean about taking time out for each kids...such special times!