Sunday, November 06, 2011

This and that

Keithism: I need to go peep-peep. (A daily occurrence, you can imagine)

I went to church today and I bore my testimony. I knew a couple of hours before church that I needed to get up, but I wasn't sure which part of my testimony I should share. I prayed that the Holy Spirit would guide me. I spoke about God knowing the best path for us to follow and that that path is greater than the one we would choose for ourselves. I am so grateful for personal revelation. Because of it, I KNEW that we were supposed to adopt from Ukraine. It wasn't just a nice idea - we were guided to adopt Keith & Iryna. And I KNOW that we are supposed to adopt Calvin & Silas. I only hope we can bring them home and soon. (For my adoption blog, click here)

We are still waiting to find out if we're going to OH next summer or not. Tyler said he will find out sometime this month. I am ready to have the go-ahead so we can make plans. I love to plan.

I went to my first Bunco night last month with some AF wives. It was a lot of fun and I knew that it was something I wanted to keep attending. Then the person hosting for this month had to cancel and they were looking for another host. I felt that I should volunteer, which I did. It's scheduled for this week. In addition to providing a location and having enough tables/chairs, I will provide a meal for about 16 - 20 women. I want it to be fall themed. Here are my thoughts thus far:

Main Dish:

  • Soup/Chili/Chowder
  • Rolls

Desserts:

  • Pumpkin bars
  • Another dessert - something with chocolate?

Drinks:

  • Crockpot apple cider
  • Crockpot mint hot chocolate
  • Water
What would be on your menu for such an occasion?

I am gearing up for the midnight viewing of BREAKING DAWN. And because of tradition, I ordered a shirt for the occasion:



Anyone else going to the midnight release? I plan to watch Twilight, New Moon, & Eclipse at my house before heading to the show. You're welcome to join me. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My friends in Hungary are going, and they are going to wear Buffy and Blade shirts. :D

Anonymous said...

Your menu sounds delicious. I would copy you and add a big salad made of spinach, red and yellow bell peppers, pine nuts, mandarin oranges, and Craisins -- with a light vinaigrette dressing. For the dressing, I'd use cider vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar or artifical sweetener, paprika, and a tiny bit of oil. Yum!!!!
Hugs, JEB

Anonymous said...

"JEB" that salad sounds so amazing! Must try it. ;) Sounds like a PAR-TAY! I personally can't stand watching those movies anymore, but doing something with the girls is always fun!

Sarah C said...

That sounds like a super duper party! If we go to the next movie together we should get matching shirts again.