Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

(from Anna)


Yesterday was my favorite Mother's Day to date. I told Tyler that all I wanted was a clean house. Tyler woke up Saturday not feeling well, so I figured that it just wasn't going to happen. Imagine my surprise when he worked over half the day on cleaning the house. Later on, he told me that he prayed for energy and the motivation to clean the house. He definitely received both! I am so grateful for a man who prays to God for the help he needs and for how he uses that help to bless my life. 

Sunday morning, I slept in until 8am and Tyler had made our traditional Sunday breakfast of cream of wheat. Church was wonderful. The talks centered around mothers and, of course, I cried because that is what mothers do. I received 2 cupcakes, 3 bags of m&ms, and 1 symphony chocolate bar - SCORE! We had a lunch that I had chosen - grilled cheese sandwiches and roasted broccoli. Then Tyler took a much deserved nap with Silas and Keith, while the other kids played. I decided to take advantage of the peace and quiet by calling my dear Grandmother. She is a delight. My intention was to call her and tell her all the things that I love about her, but in the end she was praising me for the things I am doing. She's some kind of wonderful, my grandma. And I found out that she reads my blog faithfully! So I will try to post more often, just for you, Grandma! I love you!

My mom is an amazing person. It's no surprise, because of the woman she was born to. I describe my mom as quite domestic. She cooks, cleans, decorates - she creates a comfortable home. I always wanted to be where she was. Now I understand why my children follow me around the house...my mom loved me and I have never doubted it. She is very affectionate and because of that, so am I with my kids. She taught me to cook and care for the younger children. I felt very prepared to have a family by the time I married at the age of 22 - and it's all due to my mother. Thank you, mom, for having me and loving me. I will be forever grateful to you. 

After my phone call to Grandma and my mom and countless texts to other wonderful family members, including my stepmother, Suzanne (Happy Mother's Day!) and my mother-in-law, Melanie (You raised a wonderful son!) and friends, I made ebelskivers for dinner. Anna came in while I was making them and we played an m&m game that she brought me from primary. We chose an m&m from a bowl and answered a corresponding question from it. It was a lot of fun and we both enjoyed it. 

I wanted to watch a movie with my family and I chose THE COURT JESTER. It was a family favorite of mine growing up and I was eager to share it with my kids. I was anticipating them to enjoy it like they did the Wizard of Oz, but it didn't capture their attention the same way. They did, however, laugh at the very funny parts and I assured Anna that in time she would find the rest of the movie very funny. 

I can't remember feeling more special and appreciated. It was lovely and the feeling has continued into today, despite the house not showing any signs of being clean 24 hours ago.  I am grateful to all those mothers who raise children on this earth. I feel honored that Heavenly Father would trust me with these 5 precious children. I love each one of them and I am grateful that because of my marriage to an incredible man, Tyler, I have the opportunity to have Anna and to have adopted my other four children, Keith, Iryna, Calvin, & Silas. My blessings are many. I am so grateful for my family.

I didn't take any pictures yesterday, but here are some from Saturday:






"Make way to the ocean!"

"Wait for me!"

Sand fun.

Anna seriously looks so much like her daddy. SERIOUSLY.

Oh, how I love this man!


The five reasons that I am a mama!



Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: