Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

On Monday we had our Pierce Family FHE (Family Home Evening) Halloween activity night. We invited our neighbors (Brandon, Christy, son - Tyler) to join us. We played games and ate treats and watched the Garfield Halloween video.




























We had our trick or treating last night and it was super fun. Calvin and Silas really enjoyed their first time and the only person who didn't enjoy it as much was Iryna, who said she was too cold. The kids came back and we had pizza and candy while watching Mickey Mouse House of Mouse Halloween DVD. It was fun. 


In almost 12 years of marriage, this is our first home with a fireplace. Yesterday we had our first fire and it was, oh, so nice.

 
Tomorrow I am beginning my high protein/low carb diet. I would appreciate all your support as I endeavor to be brave and make progress on this life-long trial that I face. Thank you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you well as you start your new diet. A high protein/low carb approach has worked for me. I try to make any carbs I eat be whole grain. On those rare occasions now when I do eat non-whole grains, I can really tell that I get hungry again very quickly.

It sounds like you had a nice Halloween. The pictures of the kids are cute.

Courtney said...

Jill, I wanted to let you know how much I admire you. I know you struggle with your weight but you still work SO HARD to be a great mama to your kids. I've got 6 too, with special needs and born in Ukraine, so I know how tiring it can be dealing with appointments and behaviors. Hang in there, girl, and try to take care of yourself. You are doing a great job, even if it doesn't always feel like it. :)

Viola & Steve said...

hey Jill
i know you dont really know me but we have followed your family blog and prayed for you all since you began your adoption with keith... i would like to share my new blog and hope it will be inspirational to you..if you would like please check out my blog..also if you have any questions or need any encouragement please contact me...good luck on your journey to lose weight .
http://soupysweightloss.blogspot.com/