Saturday, July 27, 2013

Juice Cleanse Day #2

Here was my plan for Day #2.

Day#2:
Wake up: Choffy
Breakfast: Red
Mid-morning: coconut water
Lunch: green juice
Afternoon snack: red juice
Dinner: green juice
Dessert: purple juice
Bedtime: Choffy
Throughout the day – drink PLENTY of water

Red:Sporty Spice Juice
2 beets
1 carrot
3 stalks celery
½ lemon (peeled)
1 orange (peeled)
1 handful basil leaves

Green: Joe’s Mean Green
6 kale leaves
1 cucumber
2 celery stalks
1 green apple
½ lemon
Small piece of ginger root

Red Juice: Red Citrus Juice
2 beets
6-8 kale leaves
1 ruby grapefruit
2 oranges

Green Juice: Ninja Bachelor Party Juice
½ pineapple, rind removed
3 celery stalks
6 leaves kale
1 handful spinach
1 small handful parsley
¼ jalepeno (optional)
Dash of Himalayan sea salt, to taste

Purple Juices: Red, White, Blue (& Green!)
¼ watermelon
2 handfuls of blueberries

6-8 kale leaves

I only got as far as a few sips of the first juice. Actually, let me back up. I went to bed with nausea and I woke up with nausea + a major headache which means = dehydration. For the first 5 hours, I drank tons of water trying to rehydrate myself. It was of no use. I had to have Tyler take me into the ER to get some IV fluids. I was perplexed how a diet of juice, water, and Choffy was dehydrating my body. But it was. And the doctor told me that I needed to modify the diet for my body. So now I am drinking 2 juices a day plus eating regularly. I am disappointed that I couldn't do the cleanse as it is - but I am trying to be realistic in the fact that my body just couldn't handle it like that in its current state. I wonder if I could build up to being on the cleanse, but for now I will be happy to improve my health with vitamins and minerals from many vegetables that I would never buy, let alone eat. So that, alone, is progress for me. 

3 comments:

Gypsie said...

A juice cleanse is dehydrating because without the pulp and fiber of the fruit, it rushes thru your body. Your body doesn't get the opportunity to absorb any water.

http://t.symptomfind.com/symptomfind/#!/entry/juice-fasting-for-weight-loss,50bce901d7fc7b5670881e91/2

S Tudor said...

I hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

Don't get discouraged! I juiced for 3 weeks and lost 15 lbs. women lose differently than men, and everyone's bodies adjust in their own way. Remember, juice is live food for your live body. It's definitely worth figuring out.
I was inspired by a fb page I came across, Billyblues G-town surf He isn't juicing right now, but scroll back April - June, I think, and he gives good suggestions and resources. He lost 45 lbs.

I followed his advice and did 80% veggies and 20% fruit.

You may need to ease into it!! Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!

SF