Sunday, August 25, 2013

S l o w i n g D o w n

Anna was really focused on fitting in all sorts of fun things before school began. She fit in three play dates with Makenna (below) and the day before school, she made sure to play every wii games, 3DS games, littlest pet shop, barbies, computer games, etc, everything she could fit in.




We fit in another play date at Valerie's house. The kids LOVE going there. So many kids and tons to do. And Valerie is great company!




I enjoy doing Alayna's hair and painting her nails when I come to visit. Alayna is from Bulgaria and has FAS. She is such a pleasant and pretty girl.




Last week I hosted an adoptive baby shower for my good friend, Margaret. It was a crazy busy night. We had the missionaries over for dinner, then raced to the Open House at the school, put the kids down to bed, and THEN hurried to clean the house before guests arrived for the baby shower. My good husband got down and cleaned the tile floor. He is such a good man. I am so grateful for how much he cares for me and helps me.







We had a great turnout and Margaret received all sorts of nice gifts.













Below: Amy F, Me, Margaret R, Alison C.




First day of school! The kids were SO excited to go back. I was thrilled to see Anna taking a huge interest in her appearance for the first day. This is something I have been wanting to see. I bought her a back-to-school gift of her very own purple flat iron for her hair.

Anna



Keith



Calvin (I ended up picking him up three minutes after he got to school. Apparently, kindergarten begins the week after everyone else. Mom of the year award, please!)






Iryna:



Silas wailed: Can I go to school, too?!?



I saw Silas sleeping like this when I checked on him.



Some new shoes for Anna for school. Cute, right?



I made this smoked sausage and red bean crockpot recipe last night. It's on my cooking blog. So delicious and nutritious!



No comments: