Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving 2013 & Christmas tree

Last week we had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I think that a big part of it had to do with my preparation this year. I set the table a week in advance. I made name cards three days beforehand. I baked all the pies the day before. I made a timeline for the day of Thanksgiving, so I knew when to bake everything. It went like clockwork. We were eating dinner 15 minutes after everyone arrived. We invited Aaron & Amie and their family, Mark & Maggie and their family, and our missionaries from church. We had lively conversation, delicious food, and just a great time. All of us are living away from our families, so it was nice to recreate a family feeling here in Ohio.








The day after Thanksgiving, we brought out the Christmas decorations. And this year, we not only got a real tree - Tyler cut it down himself!




Isn't she a beaut?


I took my two princesses to see FROZEN. We loved it! I especially liked the song, LET IT GO. 

Decorating the kid tree.

Here is my traditional red/gold tree. Isn't it beautiful?


No comments: