Friday, August 15, 2014

Choosing Hope in helping others



Last year I participated in a retreat for trauma mamas in Utah. I was able to meet other moms and gain solid friendships from people who understand my life. It has been a year and I still have these incredible women in my life via facebook, phone calls/texting, and mailing packages. They strengthen me and encourage me. I am unable to participate this year, but I purchased one of their t-shirts that they have for sale. If you attend the retreat, then you automatically get a t-shirt, but they are also for sale for those who do not attend. And the money that comes from the sale go towards helping other women who need to attend, but do not have the funds to do so.



Seriously, aren't these cute? They have them in sizes up to 6x and in both mens, womens, and youth sizes. I ordered the lime green one. They are $20 each and that includes shipping. If you want to order one or learn more about them, click here. I think we could all use some more Hope in our lives, don't you?

Speaking of helping others, my sweet friend, Valerie, and her husband, Richard, are adopting three boys from Bulgaria. In fact, Richard is there now for the first trip! They are offering a super fun fundraiser: Back to Bulgaria Fundraiser! Some items up to win include:
 2- $25 Amazon Giftcards


 2- $25 Target Giftcards


 1- $25 Fandango Giftcard


2- $10 iTunes Giftcards

3- Delectable assortments of European chocolates straight from Bulgaria (variety and size of the assortment will vary. . . .but if you uncover one of the hidden chocolate squares prior to Richard's departure on the 21st, he might let you have a say in the matter!)


Once all of the boxes have been chosen we will draw winners for our GRAND PRIZES:

$100 Amazon Giftcard





Winners choice between an iPad Mini 16gb w/WiFi or a Nexus 7

So please head on over to Valerie's blog to follow their journey and to help them bring home their boys. 

No comments: