Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Developmental Psychology for Calvin

Calvin met with Dr H yesterday, who also evaluated Silas and is scheduled to evaluate Keith and Iryna next week. The evaluations are 90 minutes and very thorough. Dr H said that Calvin is adjusting beautifully. She said he is very smart and has wonderful manners. She did see some FASD in Calvin and wants for him to see a geneticist. I am guessing an MRI will be part of that, too. I am grateful that my children can receive the medical care that they need to have more productive lives.

Silas got sick a week ago with a terrible cough. It is still around now, but better than before. Over the weekend, everyone except for Calvin was sick. We missed church and I sat around looking pitiful as my children played on despite sniffles, coughing, and sore throats. How is it that children can do that?! I sat in a chair for most of Sunday. And then, two priesthood holders from church just showed up at my door to give blessings to everyone who is sick in the house. Tyler was out of town, so he couldn't give us blessings. It was a way for me to know that God is watching over me and caring for my needs. I felt God's love through those humble servants. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments: