Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Count your many blessings

True to my word, I don't omit posts that detail my struggles. And I am struggling right now. Moving is TOUGH. And we already move every three years. I am used to that, but having to move one year after moving? Not fun. In fact, it stinks.

After a series of small miracles, we have signed a lease on a new house and will move in at the end of this month. Tyler and I are trying to figure out the logistics of when we will move what and where, etc. We are trying to pack up the house. In addition, we are repairing small things on our current rental with the hopes of getting our full deposit back when we move out. A lot of pressure and lots to do.

As if this were hard enough, our poor kids are feeling the stress in moving. Each one of them had been acting out in their own way, and this has been only increasing our stress. And the school year is drawn to a close.

Most people welcome summertime. There are some aspects of summer that I do like, such as sunshine and swimming. But I am not afraid to admit that having all 5 of my kids home all day long for days on end...that it is overwhelming and I find myself mentally and emotionally exhausted by the evening.

I am fully aware that there is nothing I can do to help myself out, other than to strive to see the positives and to share my gratitude to my Father in Heaven for my endless supply of blessings. I have found that when I verbally thank God for each of my blessings, as I notice them, that I am a happier person.

Speaking of blessings, I asked Tyler to give each of us a priesthood blessing after FHE last night. I was need some Heavenly perspective and I am so thankful to have a worthy priesthood holder in my husband. I am grateful for the love my Heavenly Father has for me, and for the words of comfort He gives me. I know that He will help us get through this transition and I have no doubt that we will be blessed through the process.

1 comment:

Brittany H. said...

I am with you on the summer break park--the kids were arguing on the way to church and I just kept thinking this will be my life for the next while. Ahh!