Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Twins' Baptism

I didn't know if Sunday would ever happen for Keith and Iryna, but at last they were ready to be baptized. It was an emotional event and the Holy Ghost was present as these precious children were baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Last week, as I was making preparations for my sister-in-law, Tisha, and her five children to arrive and getting the baptism all worked out, I became overwhelmed and I prayed for help. I had three women ask me if they could help with the baptism. Now, I am the sort of person who wants to be able to do it all myself, but I realized that their offers to help were in direct answer to my prayers for help. So I relaxed and allowed for others to bring food for after the baptism. It was such a blessing to myself and to them. I am grateful I was able to allow others to help me. This is something I can still improve upon but I am getting better. We had little smokies, vegetable tray (the twins wanted cherry tomatoes, celery, broccoli, and carrots), chips with ranch dip, mint chocolate brownies, and water.

Both Keith and Iryna were attentive during the talk on Baptism - by Tyler - and the talk on the Holy Ghost - by Aunt Tisha. The twins sang WHEN I AM BAPTIZED and it was so very sweet. The lyrics are:

I like to look for rainbows
Whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of
An earth made clean again
I want my life to be as clean
As earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can
And live with God again.

Both Keith and Iryna love the part that says: I want to be the BEST I can. It was a wonderful moment during the baptism. After Keith was confirmed, he stood up from his chair and said, "Yeah!" So cute. I am so proud of my kids and the path that they have chosen to follow.

A highlight of the day was that now Keith and Iryna have their own set of scriptures. They are eager to carry them to church each Sunday.


Their excitement was contagious!

Jacobs family.

The cousins!

Pierce family.

The twins with Aunt Tisha

I am so proud of Iryna and Keith. 

No comments: