Thursday, October 29, 2015

A wedding for Coulter

My baby brother, Coulter, was sealed in the Ogden Temple this past weekend. Tyler and I had the special opportunity to fly out and be present for this wonderful event. My new sister-in-law, Jenna, seems like a great gal and we are happy to welcome her to our family.





Tyler and I flew to Utah on Friday and we had lunch with John and Shellie at Cafe Rio. It was delicious and the company was fantastic!


We stayed at a hotel and after a not-so-good night of sleep - I missed my box fan! - we met everyone at the Ogden temple for the sealing. First of all - the Ogden temple is GORGEOUS. It has several paintings inside that I have never seen. It is wonderful to see siblings and their spouses inside the temple - such a wonderful experience. As Tyler and I entered the sealing room, I felt the peace of the Holy Ghost fill my heart. The sealing was wonderful and I did my very best not to cry.

After the sealing, we took a thousand photos outside the temple. Here is a sample:

I received so many compliments on my dress. I bought it when I sang with the Mormon Choir of Washington DC. Jenna's colors were teal and yellow. Tyler forgot a tie, so he bought a lovely teal tie early that morning. (thank you, walmart)

Six siblings and their spouses.

Six siblings all in a row...

My mom and all of her daughters.

The Ogden Temple is BEAUTIFUL!

We stopped at Kneader's for a treat before the reception.

At the reception, we had a nice lunch and chatted for a couple of hours. It was lovely. This is a great photo of me and my siblings and their spouses. Aren't we cute?

Coulter and Jenna leaving the temple.

Sisters Selfie!

Evan and Tyler watched a little OU football during lunch.



Mother of the groom with the married couple.


After the reception, everyone headed to temple square and then to the airport. Our flight didn't leave until Sunday morning, so Tyler and I went on a date with my best friend, Sarah, and her husband, Kent. They took us to The Roof Restaurant, which has an incredible view of the Salt Lake City Temple. The food was divine, the piano music was lovely, and the company was marvelous. We had a great time together and stayed up incredibly late - laughing so much. It was hard to say goodbye to Sarah and Kent the next day. 



It was quite the whirlwind trip, and we are so thrilled that we had the blessing of being there with our family to celebrate Coulter and Jenna's wedding - however, Tyler and I were EXHAUSTED by the time we headed home. We slept well on Sunday night! ha ha. HUGE THANKS to Nichole - my other best friend - for watching my children so we could go to Utah. I am truly blessed with the friends that I have. 

No comments: