Thursday, October 22, 2015

Visit from my Mom

My uncle and mom took a trip to PA to visit my great Aunt Rhoda and then stopped over in the DC area for a few days. It was lovely to have some time with my mom. I know that my kids were especially thrilled to see their Grandma.

On Saturday, we went to the Washington DC Temple and did some family work. My uncle Kurt and his son, Sean (who lives in Maryland), also attended an endowment session with us.




After the temple session, my mom, Tyler, and I went out for dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant.


On Sunday, my mom and I sang a duet together: He Shall Wipe Away All Tears. I absolutely LOVE to sing with my mom. It's one of my favorite things to do. Our voices blend so beautifully and I felt the Holy Ghost strongly. I love sharing a musical talent with my mom. 

Like all good times, they are sad when they end. My mom could only stay for 3 days. Even though I will see her this coming weekend for my brother's sealing, I couldn't help but cry when she left. It is so hard being away from her and my other family. But I am grateful for the time we had together. 


My mom made this quilt for Keith. He was THRILLED to get it. It has all sorts of vehicles on it with a motorcycle quilting pattern, too. Yellow is his favorite color and it is the backing. You can see Keith's excitement. He was literally jumping up and down before I took this picture. 

Calvin reminded Grandma how to play Uno.

Uncle Kurt with his son, Sean. And Calvin was doing his best to get Sean's attention.




Maggie was ALWAYS snuggling up to my mom. 


My mom has such a calming influence on Anna. Anna was so relaxed around her. This photo shows a true smile on Anna. I love it.

No comments: